Salmon, Walnut and Avocado Grain Bowls
Recipe courtesy California Walnuts
Total time 40 minutes
Serving size 1 1/2 cups kale mixture, 1/4 other ingredients
Course Lunch, dinner
Kale, grains and toasted walnuts are the base for this healthy bowl. Toss with a chipotle lime vinaigrette and top with salmon, avocado, beans, peppers and cilantro.
Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1 lb. salmon fillets
4 cups lightly packed small torn pieces curly kale
2 1/2 cups cooked farro or brown rice
1 cup coarsely chopped California walnuts, toasted, plus additional for garnish
1 1/3 cups cooked black beans
3/4 cup 1/8-inch diced bell pepper
1 large firm but ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
2 large green onions, sliced
Fresh cilantro leaves
1. Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. (May be prepared several days ahead.)
2. Cook salmon on a well-oiled grill over medium-high heat tor 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until it’s cooked to your liking. Remove from grill and remove skin. Let cool, then break into 1/2-inch pieces.
3. Place kale, farro and walnuts in a large bowl and toss with vinaigrette. Place equal amounts on one side of 4 large salad bowls.
4. Place equal amounts of salmon, black beans, bell pepper, avocado and green onion on the other side of the bowl.
5. Garnish with cilantro and additional walnuts.
© 2020 Patty Mastracco Food, Inc.