Sweet and Spicy Pumpkin Walnuts
Total time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Course: Snack, dessert
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 lb. California walnuts
2 egg whites
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves and allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet with foil. Place butter on foil and place in the oven to melt.
2. Beat egg whites with an electric mixture until stiff peaks form. Slowly beat in sugar until a meringue forms, then beat in spices.
3. Lightly fold in walnuts, then transfer to buttered baking sheet. Stir lightly with a spatula to coat with butter.
4. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring lightly every 15 minutes. Turn off oven and open door briefly to cool slightly. Close door and let walnuts stand in warm oven for 15 minutes.
5. Let cool completely, then store in an airtight container.
Total Fat: 19g
Saturated Fat: 3.5g
Monounsaturated Fat: 3.17g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 10.72g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
© 2020 Patty Mastracco Food, Inc.