Spinach, Walnut and Strawberry Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
• 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
• 1 (5-oz.) package baby spinach
• 1/2 cup coarsely chopped California walnuts*
• 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, preserves and salt in a large bowl.
Add strawberries and toss lightly. Place spinach in bowl and toss again to coat with dressing. Top with walnuts and cheese and serve immediately.
*To oven toast walnuts, place in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, checking frequently.
To skillet toast, place walnuts in a medium skillet set over medium heat. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until they smell fragrant and toasted, stirring frequently to avoid burning.
© 2020 Patty Mastracco Food, Inc.